Monday, June 23, 2008

Get inspired!

What or who inspires you? Obviously, it may depend on what you are doing. For example, I totally am inspired to be a better scrapbooker by Ali Edwards and Stacey Julian, but for my day to day stuff, my best friend Kimmy is it for me. Even my kids inspire me, especially to be a better and more worthy momma to their awesomeness!

But really it is God who inspires me to be more than I ever thought I could become. My whole life has been about surviving my baggage; dragging it around with me from relationship to relationship always wondering why dysfunction and drama always found it's way to center stage in my life.

God inspires my to be more than my natural self, my knee jerk reaction to life. Through God I have learned how to reclaim joy, which has caused my baggage to transform from a massive steamer trunk to a carry-on... way more manageable. Honestly, I still think that my past aches and pains could fill a trunk, but God has just whittled it all down into what really matters, what I need to focus on and share versus feeding the dysfunction.

Beyond all else, He inspires my to share His delight and joy with everyone I know and LOVE, even with those I have yet to truly know.. be warned, this means that anyone could be a target of love and joy, you won't even know what hit you and then WHAM! Hey, dude... I love you!

Psalms 36:5-12
5 Your unfailing love, O LORD, is as vast as the heavens; your faithfulness reaches beyond the clouds. 6 Your righteousness is like the mighty mountains, your justice like the ocean depths. You care for people and animals alike, O LORD. 7 How precious is your unfailing love, O God! All humanity finds shelter in the shadow of your wings. 8 You feed them from the abundance of your own house, letting them drink from your rivers of delight. 9 For you are the fountain of life, the light by which we see. 10 Pour out your unfailing love on those who love you; give justice to those with honest hearts. 11 Don't let the proud trample me; don't let the wicked push me around. 12 Look! They have fallen! They have been thrown down, never to rise again.

No comments: