Sunday, June 29, 2008

What is the word of the day for you?

The word for me that keeps popping in my head is: indomitable. So, just to clarify I kinda knew what it meant, but I still had to look it up... and I so want to claim this word forever!! Check it out: Indomitable means incapable of being overcome, subdued, or vanquished; unconquerable.

From the very tips of my toes I want this to be me, everyday, breathing this victorious word until it becomes my natural response to life. Unstoppable me, unconquerable me... oh, yeah I like that word!! Rather than my current natural response of striving, managing and worrying, I am indomitable!

This seems scary, and uncomfortable.. to just be completely victorious over life and all it's pains and wounds... or NOT. Dude! THIS word is strength and power, worry does not rule over this truth. It is freedom, in God, to go forth and triumph mightly! Like some sort of crazy Xena Warrior Princess, who even in defeat emerges victorious, so that's TV, but this is real.

Can you claim this word for you, do you desire victory over the things in life that drag your soul down? If this isn't your word, find one that inspires you to triumph over adversity to become more than you ever thought you could be. Unleash God's power to free you up of the roots of suffering that you yourself cannot escape. For me, I like indomitable. I think it goes well into my vocabulary. I will not be subdued, I will not be vanquished, I will not be conquered! Victory through submission to God. When you willingly hand the reins over to God, that yielding moment somehow strengthens you beyond all earthly measure. Let God be your pilot, navigator, sovereign and He will lead you into the fields of His glorious mercy.

Exodus 15:11
Who among the gods is like you, O Lord? Who is like you-- majestic in holiness, awesome in glory, working wonders?

No comments: