Monday, August 4, 2008

Picked Off

So, it's like this... somebody is getting on your nerves, somebody you love in Christ and in the natural, how much do you let it interfere with your relationship? How much do you jump up onto your moral high horse and let them know all the ways they are living their life wrong?

STOP! Dismount that horse. Are you really in a position to correct anyone? How's your glass house today? You may want to rethink your strategy and put down the stone of loving correction and listen.

The enemy seeks to divide us from one another and each one of from Christ. When we let petty differences abide in our heart and bear grudges in our hearts, we are not allowing Christ to dwell in our hearts. Christ in a box doesn't do anyone much good, you or your 'somebody'. If you are truly letting Christ be the mediator and mighty counselor of your life, don't hold Him back from healing some one else's wounds by putting your foot in your mouth. Before you speak, PRAY.

I am no less guilty of feeling the draw of offering loving correction to all those around me, I think it's my mama nature, I want everyone to be healthy and happy, and I am sure that I know the best way to 'help' them achieve that. But I am afraid that my way isn't God's way and that I will do more harm than good. The road to hell is paved with good intentions, and I don't want to be helping that road any more than I already have.

So sit back and zip it. If you are not talking, you might be able to hear God's heart for the person that you want to fix. AND maybe, just maybe.... if you aren't trying to fix the world with your own strength, God will be released to heal those wounds.... yours and theirs. Maybe nothing, sit back and watch it happen... believe in the miracle that will happen.


Ecclesiastes 4:12
A person standing alone can be attacked and defeated, but two can stand back-to-back and conquer. Three are even better, for a triple-braided cord is not easily broken.

1 comment:

Skandanavian said...

Hey you! you mite think no one reads your blog pages... but you'd be wrong. Uplifting & edifying just when I need. Love you, Geo